Monday, April 6, 2009

Uncreative Writing Class Blog Entry

2. Do you agree with the belief that, "If it's not on the Web, it doesn't exist” ? Consider all aspects of life including people, places, history, knowledge, and mundane realities.

I absolutely do not agree with that statement. There are many things that are not on the web. For instance, one cannot find all books on "Google Books." The title of the book may pop up, but it could say there is no preview available and, thus, one must actually get the physical copy of the book if they wish to read it. Secondly, I have a lot of thoughts inside of my head that I could turn into literature. I have not written down all of my thoughts, though, and put them on the web. They are stored in my brain. My friend keeps a diary, as well, that is not in the form of a blog-- I am talking about a hard copy of a diary, the way everyone used to write. Some people also do not have access to the internet-- does this mean that their writing does not exist? Of course not! Some literature may also be buried in the ground somewhere because of an earthquake or otherwise, and has never been found. It still exists, just no one today knows it is there. Very old, out of print books generally do not become uploaded to the internet, either. It is either because it has outdated information or it has just been forgotten about. There are seemingly infinite possibilities of literature that is not online!

No comments:

Post a Comment