Monday, March 23, 2009

To the Flarf Haters.

While I do not disagree with the flarf-haters, I am hurt by the ones(one blog in particular) who called my questions being ruled by folly. That's basically calling me stupid. It was a clever answer to the question, but extremely disrespectful and you didn't really think about the question by answering it that way. I'm a sensitive person and I don't like someone making fun of the work that I diligently prepared to present to class.

I had to do a presentation about flarf. What was I supposed to do? Bitch about it? I was there to educate the class on it-- on aspects of it that they maybe hadn't thought about (which YOU obviously did not). I knew the case for hating flarf was clear so I felt I had to show the other side and facilitate discussion(we were being graded on being able to facilitate discussion). I personally liked the fact that some people liked it and others didn't. It is what I was hoping for because I am unsure how I feel about it myself. In fact, Sharon Mesmer does NOT make me laugh. I am not a flarf lover. I did not like the fact that I was being called dumb in some blog posts. I think they were pretty good questions that anyone would wonder. If I didn't come up with questions, I would get a bad grade. What were you expecting? "Why is flarf stupid?" Yes, our professor would have liked that one!

Additionally, I was hoping "world poetry" was fairly obvious what it was supposed to mean. Since it wasn't and I admit that I was wrong, you could have asked. But I did clear it up, yes?

Anyways, I wanted to see how people answered our questions and was extremely saddened when I came across the one that basically called me dumb. I did the best I could with a topic that a lot of people love to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment